THOUGHT OF THE DAY

If you tell him it can't be done, he will show you it can.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Farewell to an Exercise Legend

Before Jane Fonda, before all the celebrity fitness videos of today there was a man named Jack LaLanne. It was sad to hear that he passed away at the ripe young age of 96. But what a man he was.

I remember as a kid when I would stay at my grandparents my grandma would faithfully switch the black and white television on in the mornings and there he would be with wife Elaine and his two German Shepard s(I think one's name was Happy) and we would do chair exercises and stretching and jumping "Jacks" with him through the commercial breaks.

He was definitely a pioneer in the early years of fitness and equipment and healthy eating habits.

Jack, may you keep those who watched and those who remember you safe and healthy in heaven.

No comments: